Are you affected by cancer? Would you like help connecting to supportive non-clinical care?
To enquire call us on 01382 433340, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text YES and your name to 07860 077337.
Why use our service?
Cancer doesn't just affect your physical wellbeing, it can impact on every aspect of your life and the lives of those around you. Knowing where to turn for support isn't always easy because you may feel overwhelmed by all the things that come with a cancer diagnosis. You may already be connected with cancer specialists and nurses but how well connected are you to the non-clinical support that is available?
Who do we support and how does it work?
We help anyone affected by cancer. This includes when you have cancer and when you care for someone with cancer. You can be a family member or friend, or you might be a professional carer. Our service is here to help connect you to supportive non-clinical care in your local area.
We know a lot about how cancer affects people. We also know about the services in your area that can:
- provide support during difficult times
- ease money worries because we understand the impact cancer can have on your finances
- bring kindness through social connection
- help you move more because this can increase your energy levels and help you to maintain the daily activities that are important to you
- help you sleep better because good sleep helps you cope better
- and reduce anxiety because we want you to live life as fully as you can
Our link workers in Dundee City, Perth & Kinross and Angus will listen to your concerns and find out what matters to you. We can discuss your options together and guide you towards the support you need. Depending on what you need and want, we can offer advice, share information, and make referrals to the right services.
We provide support over the phone, face to face in the local community or online via video calls.
What difference will it make?
When asked about our service people said we helped them understand their needs, hopes and preferences. They also said we helped them access life changing and sustaining support. Here’s some things people experienced: