The Out of Hours Service is managed by Dundee City Council's Children and Families Service. It provides a social work service outwith normal working hours to Dundee City Council and Angus Council as part of a joint agreement between the two local authorities.
Out of Hours works in close co-operation with other out of hours services such as health agencies, police, Department of Work and Pensions, housing and community alarm / home care, as well as being a contact point for access to a Mental Health Officer.
Anyone in Angus and Dundee City who has an urgent problem or crisis can call the service. This may be someone experiencing problems with children, families or those receiving or requiring a community care service.
- Child Protection
- Support to children and their families at home
- Support to older people at home
- Support to vulnerable adults
- Support to people with disabilities
- Provision of MHO (Mental Health Officer) for statutory duties and advice re mental health issues
- Links with community alarm services
- Links with home care service
Weekdays, 4.30 pm to 2 am Weekends and from 8am until 2am at weekends. During the hours between 2am and 8am, the service will only be able to respond to emergency situations via an "on call" service. All non-emergency referrals between 2am and 8am should leave a message, or call back after 8.30am.
Tel: 01382 307964 (answering machine 9.30 am to 4.30 pm)