From 8am on Monday, 15 March, those who provide regular face-to-face care can register as an unpaid carer in order to be prioritised for the COVID-19 vaccination.
You are eligible for vaccination at this stage and should register if all of the following statements apply to you:
- You are 16 to 64 years old;
- You provide face-to-face care and support to one or more family members, friends or neighbours;
- The care you provide is not part of a contract or voluntary work;
- If caring for someone under 18, they are affected by a disability, physical or mental ill-health, developmental condition or substance misuse; and
- You have not already received your first COVID-19 vaccination or vaccination appointment letter.
If you do not meet the above criteria (for example, you provide only emotional support by phone/video call), you will be asked to wait until NHS Scotland contacts you to let you know it’s your turn to have the vaccine. It is important not to contact NHS Scotland for a vaccination before then.
To access the self-registration website, visit nhsinform.scot/carersregister
If possible, please use this online option to register. For those who cannot do this online, please call the Covid Vaccination Helpline on 0800 030 8013, from 15 March.
If you have already received your vaccination or a letter of appointment, there is no further action to take, and no need to register. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccination programme, visit www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine.