HOPE (Helping Older People Engage)
What do we do?
For some people, accessing the help they need can be difficult, especially if they don’t know what help is available, or where to find it.
The Community Engagement Workers will use their knowledge and experience of local facilities, services, and agencies to provide support, advice, and signposting for older people in the community.
We also make referrals for support and services to help you keep safe, well, active, and independent. These referrals include:
- Social Activities/ groups in your local area/befriending
- Housing Options advice/ completing Housing applications
- Benefit/ income maximisation & Energy advice
- Occupational Therapy for Aids & Adaptations
- Community Alarm
- Meals Service and other delivery options
- Blue Badge and Bus pass applications
- Morning call service
- Home Fire Safety visits
Come along to The Beehive, over 55’s social group, for a chat, cuppy & biscuit. The group is run by the members (free to join, all welcome). They meet every Monday from 10am to Noon at Menzieshill Community Centre, Orleans Place, Dundee, DD2 4BH.
On the first Monday of the month, A Hope worker will be there to offer information about what’s happening in your local area, also to offer advice about the various services that can help you in your own home.